I've written on a diverse number of topics over my career, but the central theme to nearly everything that I've penned centers around being more mindful. Sustainability and awareness are always present, but I often incorporate them into my writing through touch points that occur in our everyday lives—like what we eat, what we wear, and how we style our life. Stay tuned for more titles coming out in 2019 and 2020. You can find my books at the following locations and at local booksellers:
SUGARDETOXME: 100+ Recipes to Curb Cravings and Take Back Your Health
This book was inspired by my own personal sugar detox journey, which started back in 2014 as a blog. Since that time, the website sugardetox.me offers up 10-Day and 30-Day guided cleanses, and this book is a perfect complement or substitution to those programs, offering 10 Meal Maps and over 100+ recipes using simple, easy-to-obtain ingredients that can be readily substituted. Published by Sterling Epicure, March 2017. Features include:
- 100+ recipes, 80% of which are vegetarian/vegan
- 10 Meal Maps, which are shopping lists, recipes, and meal plans all in one—helping you cut down your shopping bill and simplifying the menu
- First 1/3 of the book goes into the science and why to detox, the remainder of the book are recipes
style, naturally: the savvy shopping guide to sustainable fashion and beauty
I wrote style, naturally: the savvy shopping guide to sustainable fashion and beauty for a woman who loves style but doesn't necessarily have "green" or "environment" in her lexicon. At the time of the book's release, there wasn't much in the way of beautifully-executed style books on the topic and it was fairly comprehensive in its scope—from indie labels to mainstream manufacturers. Published by Chronicle Books, February 2009. Features include
- Over 350 full-colored images
- Split into 1/2 fashion and 1/2 beauty
- Includes interviews, profiles, and perspectives from dozens of designers and beauty professionals around the world
Other Book Contributions:
- Global Chorus: 365 Voices on the Future of the Planet (Rocky Mountain Books, October 2015). This book is a remarkable, illustrated collection of 365 daily meditations around some very large and increasingly crucial themes regarding our environment.
- Earth Pledge: FutureFashion White Papers (December 2008). This book is a collection of essays by a diverse and international group of contributors including designers, farmers, models, and creative directors, for example. It aims to educate all people interested in sustainable fashion and offers safe environmental practices for the industries and consumers. It is an invaluable and ground-breaking resource that proves that style and sustainability can coexist.