BIG IDEAS that shape our world.
Would our worldview change if we traveled to space? Would war exist if countries were ruled by women? Can we cure ourselves through diet?
IDEA NOSH is an hour long conversation that explores big ideas that shape our world. The podcast brings together an eclectic menagerie of guests who are considered luminaries in their fields—from world class explorers and entrepreneurs to best-selling authors and creative visionaries. Host Summer Rayne Oakes, named one of CNBC’s “Top 10 Green Entrepreneurs” and Vanity Fair’s “Global Citizen”—has a knack for making her visitors feel right at home—allowing listeners to get an up-close-and-personal understanding for the people who are setting the tone and trends for years to come.
IDEA NOSH Ep. 1— Leland Melvin: Space exploration and orbital perspective
In the first episode of IDEA NOSH, former NASA astronaut, host of Lifetime's Child Genius, and STEAM advocate, Leland Melvin and I discuss:
- Orbital perspective - what it is and how to achieve it
- STE(A)M education and ways America can improve a child’s interest and understanding in science, technology, engineering, art and math, and
- Overcoming personal challenges, inspiration and mentors over the years
IDEA NOSH Ep. 2 — Martin von Hildebrand: Saving the Amazon Rainforest from the Andes to the Atlantic
In this episode of IDEA NOSH, Skoll Fundation fellow and founder of Gaia Amazonas, Martin von Hildebrand and I discuss:
- Seizing opportunity, early work with indigenous peoples
- Working with indigenous peoples within a cultural context
- Ritual, shamanism, ceremonies, ayahuasca, meditation
Launch Date: March 19, 2015 at 7AM ET. Read the article.
IDEA NOSH Ep. 3 — Simon Sinek: Trust, Cooperation & Leadership
Nearly ten years ago, Simon Sinek presented a simple concept with a deep message: Start with why you do what you do—and the rest will follow. Since that time, Simon has explored ways to help inspire people in their daily lives and extrapolate what makes great leaders. In this episode we discuss:
- Concepts around Start with Why and Leaders Eat Last
- Personal life, challenges and inspiration
- Questions from the audience
Launch Date: April 16, 2015 at 7AM ET.
To listen to the old SRO Conversations series, visit Blog Talk Radio or iTunes.